Affiliations He is routinely hired and fired at pretty much any and all local businesses. Currently working at Dark Owl Records and, yes, judging your purchases harshly and without remorse.
Abilities Nathan is a soul eater. It's a thing he does. Eating souls makes him harder to banish - but that's mostly because to banish him you have to properly (deeply, truly) hurt his feelings, and that gets harder as he gets cockier. Eating souls makes him cocky. That would make anyone cocky, he's pretty sure. He can also be banished by being summoned from another plane, at which point he is stuck there. Eating a soul takes time, and the soul in question must 'want' it. An individual must be completely enamored with him, beyond logic. This happens to be most easily done in the throes of wild lust, but isn't necessary. Once eaten, a person will go on in life feeling compelled to be, in general, just the biggest asshole. Just really the worst.
People like him. That is, the person in particular that he wishes to like him, will more often than not feel compelled to do so. This power isn't infallible, nor does it last in perpetuity. Rather, it is widely reliant on the individual: how likely they are to be charmed by him without any interference on his part, how much they let him into their lives, etc.
At best a person can be totally charmed by him almost instantly, with effects lasting up to the end of the current day or night. At worst, the person will be moderately annoyed w/him (wherein they would otherwise despise him) with the effects lasting until he is out of their line of sight.
The flip side to this is that, when he begins to feel genuine endearment to any given individual, that individual will immediately and unceremoniously experience a generalized disinterest and/or disdain for him.
Being a Duke of Hell, other abilities include:
- Being summoned. Anyone can summon him provided they draw his seal accurately and offer a pleasing (to him) sacrifice.
- Once summoned, he can make his summoner invisible if requested. He can also give you power over snakes, but he thinks this is a totally dated concept and doesn't advertise it.
- He must 'answer any questions', but that's really an antiquated recording of his tendency to never shut the fuck up. If you're looking for life advice, or opinions, he's got both - and neither of them are probably very good.
- He can teach 'mathematical sciences' to his summoner. Don't summon him for help with your algebra homework. He will not be pleased. You will pass your class but you will be very unhappy.
- He can find 'hidden treasures' for his summoner. What most texts don't include is that this entirely subjective. Nathan's idea of a hidden 'treasures' include: particular vinyl albums, nice blouses of particular material, rings that catch his fancy, and flowers that are yet unspoiled by human hands. Make of that what you will.
Side note: not really an ability, but all photos and videos of him look like lower quality images circa the 1980's.